The lights go on at Huế’s Imperial Palace (23-04-2017 11:28:00)
The former Imperial Palace in Huế will be lit up every night thanks to a light system installed by the Huế Monuments Conservation Centre, the local government body that manages the monuments.
According to centre director Phan Thanh Hải, the lighting of the monument is part of a programme to welcome visitors to the former palace in the evening. Since it first opened to tourists in the 1990s, the UNESCO-recognised site has received visitors only in the daytime. During the night, the palace has remained closed.
National treasure: Ngũ Phụng Pavilion at night. — VNS Photo Nguyễn Văn Sum
March to the beat: The royal music troupe accompanies the guards. — VNS Photo Phước Bửu
Majesty: The former Imperial Palace at night. — VNS Photo Phước Bửu
- Hue Tourism ends the year of 2017 with "Lighting Ky Dai Hue"
- “Thuy Bieu in the morning – Tam Giang in the afternoon” tour
- Thuy Bieu- Tam Giang tour: New interesting tour in Hue
- Hue Thai Hoa Palace to undergo restoration
- Thua Thien – Hue plants mangrove forests for eco-tours
- Exploring Hue in 3 days
- Over 10 heritage cities to join “Exchange Meeting of Heritage Cities 2017” in Hoi An
- Quang Binh cuts entrance fees at 3 caves to attract tourists
- Hot Air Balloon Festival 2016
- Hue to build boardwalk along Huong River